Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pi- a- no....ba da ba pa ba.... I'm lovin' It.....!!

I love piano, like many other do.

I was at my church that day, a night in year 2004. Service was over and most of the members gone home. I saw the digital piano sitting right beside me. I'd never ever touch it before, since i'm a guitarist and piano....

....When i was in primary three, i learnt some basic. It wasn't even grade 1, it was so called LEVEL 1. It was really boring, i have to say (and i understand why a lot of children don't really like piano, especially at lower grade. The song are made easy, but it doesn't really sound that good. I stopped it after three weeks. LOL (Not even one month)!!.....

Don't know why, mayb out of curiosity, i turn on the main power switch and pressed some key on it. A little girl came, and she just pressed on the 'demo' button.

Can you imagine? A digital piano connected to the main PA, through the FOH speakers amplified by the Peavey-made-in-USA mixer rated at 110W r.m.s, and my church is no bigger that 100 people venue..... It was loud! LOUD!

Chopin Fantaisie Impromptu in C#m just flying all over the place, like a dancing elephant LOL, till now still i remember that tune, in fact i like it very much. LOL!

It just sounds like waterfall, ya.. or .. like kinda... fantasy! Thinking out of the box and stuff like that. Chopin is really a genius in piano indeed!

So, i started piano (in fact keyboard) from a beginner training course provided by church. I learnt pop songs, which i managed to convert straight away from guitar chords and style.

So, i picked up my piano. I keep improvising, hoping one day i can play my tune and compose my tune which sounds like waterfall, something modern that chopin never saw before, and not following any theory.. ?? It's just a dream that drives me to continue my piano, and absorbing new stuff!

By the way, Jazz is just like Taylor's series or Gamma function etc.. (just learnt today at skol, LOL). Too many theories it has, and at last, when all blend together, you can just play any notes u like, provided it sounds nice. Ya, that's music, sounds GOOD...

2 comments:

逍遥子Odysseus said...

well done , you can make it!!!

because you are talented , also endowed with vigor and drive...

haleluya1986 said...

Sometimes i really feel like I'm over-promoting my bro, But, I'm proud of you bro!